A genealogy of the Boody/Boodey family of Durham New Hampshire as extracted from the History of Durham New Hampshire and other sources.
Family of Zechariah Boody of Oyster River and Durham New Hampshire
Tradition says that Zechariah Boody came over in a French ship and deserted it in Boston. He had wife, Elizabeth, who was baptized by the Rev. Hugh Adams, 31 March 1716/7. He died about 1755. [Cf. Boody Genealogy.]The editor of this page has been unable to identify the work titled “Boody Genealogy” by Stackpole. He welcomes any suggestions.
- Elizabeth bapt. 31 March 1716/7; m. Ebenezer Pitman; widow in 1758.
- Charity bapt. 31 March 1716/7; m. Abednego Leathers.
- Mary bapt. 31 March 17 16/7.
- Sarah bapt. 7 Sept. 1718; m. Benjamin Jenkins.
- 2. Azariah, alias Hezekiah bapt. 10 Sept. 1721; m. Bridget Bushbie.
- Hannah m. Robert Huckins.
- Abigail m. David Drew.
- Kezia unm. 13 Nov. 1758.
- Betsey (?) m. James Rowe (?).
Family of Azariah Boodey of Madbury, New Hampshire
Azariah Boodey, born 15 Aug. 1720, lived in Madbury. He married Bridget Bushbie and died, 26 Feb. 1803. She died in Barrington 30 July 1785, aged 70.
- Rev. Robert b. 3 April 1743; m. Margery Hill b. 23 Apr. 1744; he d. 21 April 1814, Limington, Me.
- Zechariah b. 12 Aug. 1745; m. Mary Demeritt, b. 28 Nov. 1743. He settled in New Durham and d. 14 June 1821. Wife d. 3 Oct. 1835.
- John b. 23 June 1749; m. Susanna Langley, b. 6 March abt. 1750. He d. in Barrington, 23 April 1815.
- Molly twin to John; m. Peter Hodgdon.
- Rev. Joseph b. 16 May 1752; m. Olive Drew, b. 3 June 1742.
- Sarah b. 8 March 1755; m. Isaac Waldron.
- Hannah b. 29 March 1758; m. Aaron Waldron.
- Azariah b. 29 Nov. 1761.
- Betsey b. 2 Nov. 1763; m. John Caverly.
|↑1||The editor of this page has been unable to identify the work titled “Boody Genealogy” by Stackpole. He welcomes any suggestions.|