Family of Henry Bodge of Kittery, Maine
Henry Bodge and wife, Elizabeth, were living in Kittery, near the head of Spruce Creek, as early as 1669. He died in 1696, leaving wife, Rebecca. He had six children, of whom:
- Henry went to Charlestown, Mass.
- 2. Benjamin Bodge, m. Sarah.
Family of Benjamin Bodge of Oyster River, New Hampshire
Benjamin Bodge settled at Oyster River about 1714. He and wife, Sarah, and their children were baptized by the Rev. Hugh Adams. He was living in Lee in 1781, when he made his will, from which and the baptisms we learn of the following children. He bequeaths land in Lee and Madbury.
- John Bodge bapt. 27 Oct. 1723; went to Falmouth, Me., and thence to Windham, Me., in 1743, where he reared a family.
- Elizabeth Bodge bapt. 21 Oct. 1723; m. Randall.
- Mary Bodge bapt. 27 Oct. 1723; unm. in 1781.
- 3. Ichabod Bodge bapt. 9 Sept. 1724; m. Mary Swaine.
- Benjamin Bodge bapt. 26 Sept. 1725, “about 12 years old.”
- Sarah Bodge m. Rawlins.
- Hannah Bodge m. Mark Meader.
- Samuel Bodge.
- Josiah Bodge.
Family of Ichabod Bodge of Durham, New Hampshire
Children of Ichabod and Mary (Swaine) Bodge:
- John Bodge b. abt. 1754; m. 20 Dec. 1785, Abigail Neal of Newcastle. He served in the Revolution and was a prisoner in the “Old Mill Prison.” He had ch.:
- John Bodge who m. Miss Somerby and lived in Portsmouth.
- William Bodge who m. (1) Elizabeth Wentworth, (2) Phebe Sherburne,.
- Mary Bodge who m. Robert Neal.
- Benjamin Bodge b. 11 Oct. 1755; m. 17 Oct. 1780, Meribah Hall of Gilmanton, and had family there. He served in the Revolution.
- Richard Bodge b. April 1757; m. 1802 Bridget Daniels, (2) 1805 Lydia Daniels. He had a family in Barrington.
- Micajah Bodge m. Abigail Bunker of Lee and had ch. b. in Barrington:
- Daniel Bodge m. 22 Oct. 1789, Mary Cram of Newmarket and lived in Barnstead.
- Ichabod Bodge died in infancy.
- Ichabod Bodge m. Avis Odiorne of Madbury and had five ch.
- James Bodge m. Mary Foss, 1801, and lived in Barrington. Rem. bef. the Civil War to Pawnee, Illinois.