A genealogy of the Ballard family of Durham New Hampshire as extracted from the History of Durham New Hampshire and other sources.
Joshua Ballard, son of Timothy and Sarah (Abbot) Ballard of Andover, Massachusetts, was born 10 Aug. 1760. He came to Durham when a boy and learned the hatter’s trade of Thomas Pinkham, who married his sister, Sarah. He married Mrs. Lydia (Burnham) Emerson, widow of Moses Emerson. He built the house at the corner of the Madbury Road and the Mast Road, in Durham village. Lydia Ballard died 18 April 1826, aged 75. Joshua Ballard died 27 April 1844.
- Betsey b. 7 June 1786; m. 16 Sept. 1819, Hon. Valentine Smith.
- Sally b. 3 Feb. 1788; d. 23 Nov. 1825.
- Abigail b. 25 Aug. 1790; m. Cyrus Goss of Dover; d. 23 March 1824.
- Lydia b. 3 Jan. 1793; m. 28 June 1820, James Bartlett, Esq., of Durham.
- Mary b. 16 July 1795; d. 6 Sept. 1800.