Jacob and Elizabeth Basford
The History of Hampton says that Jacob and Elizabeth Basford had five children. This family appears in Durham as Basford and Bamford. The family lived in the vicinity of Chesley’s mill. The following is all that the records of Hampton and Durham give us.
- James bapt. in Hampton 9 May 1697. He had wife, Mary, son, James, bapt. by the Rev. Hugh Adams, 29 Nov. 1721; rem. to Chester.
- Mary b. 28 Aug. 1697; m. Jeremiah Folsom.
- Elizabeth b. 7 May 1692; m. John Davis.
- Margaret b. 20 June 1696; m. 7 Dec. 1718, William Willey.
- Hephzibeth bapt. 28 June 1699; m. Richard Clififord.
- Robert prob. He had ch. bapt. at Oyster River, Anne bapt. 30 July 1723, and John bapt. 8 Feb. 1727/8. Among the grantees of Holderness, 1761, were Robert and Charles Bamford.
Additional Records for Unidentified Bamfords and Basfords in Durham records.
- m. 28 Sept. 1749, William Williams and Jane Bamford.
- m. 13 Sept. 1752, Joseph Hill and Mary Bamford, both of
- Barrington. m. II June 1753, Daniel Evans and Eleanor Bamford, both of Barrington.
- Aug. 13, 1736, William McDaniel of Durham deeded to his daughter, Eleanor Bamford, land in Barrington.
- John Bamford, Jr., was drowned in 1726.