Family of Jeremiah Davis of Durham New Hampshire
Jeremiah Davis had a share in the division of common lands, 1734 – Jeremiah Davis of Portsmouth bought land in Durham of Benjamin and Miriam Davis, 27 Aug. 1735, and more land of James Davis 24 Jan. 1737. He married Sarah Jenkins, daughter of Joseph Jenkins, as shown in the division of Jenkins' estate in 1734. Jan. 21 1744, Jeremiah Davis and wife, Bridget of Durham, deeded land to Ebenezer Davis. He may have been son of Moses or of Joseph. The first book of town records has the births of two children;
- Jonathan Davis born 25 Aug. 1736.
- 2. Moses Davis born 20 Dec. 1737; married Anna Davis.
Family of Moses Davis of Lee and Nottingham New Hampshire
Moses Davis (Jeremiah1), was born 20 Dec. 1737, and married Anna Davis, daughter of Nathaniel and Hannah (Davis) Davis, who was born in Madbury, 12 Oct. 1741. They had the following children, according to an old private record:
- 3. John Davis born in Lee 15 Jan. 1761.
- Sarah Davis born in Nottingham 15 Jan. 1766.
- Lois Davis born 20 Oct. 1768.
- Elisha Davis born 3 Feb. 1770.
- Hannah Davis born 5 Feb. 1772; married Robert Oram Randall; d. Jan. 1826.
- Deborah Davis born 28 June 1774; married John Gray, 25 Dec. 1794.
- Isaiah Davis born 5 Feb. 1779.
- Martha Davis born 28 July 1781.
Family of John Davis of Durham New Hampshire
John Davis born in Lee 15 Jan. 1761, married, 22 Jan. 1799, Polly Knight of Nottingham and had the following children born in Durham:
- Stephen Davis born 24 Oct. 1800; married 14 Aug. 1821, Clarissa Trickey.
- 4. Daniel Davis born 16 Nov. 1802; married 30 March 1826, Caroline Teague. She married (2) Stephen Starbird.
- Henry Davis born 21 June 1805. Went to East Canada.
- Mary H. Davis married 29 April 1830, Benjamin M. Willey.
Family of Daniel Davis of Durham New Hampshire
Daniel Davis born 16 Nov. 1802; married 30 March 1826, Caroline Teague. She married (2) Stephen Starbird. Children of Daniel and Caroline (Teague) Davis:
- Eliphalet Davis married _______ Silver of Haverhill, Massachusetts
- Ellen Mary Davis married 27 Sept. 1849, John M. Smart.
- Henry Davis married his cousin, Sarah Willey; d. April 1862. The widow of Henry Davis married (2) John Drew, (3) Daniel B. Foss.
- 5. Alfred Davis married Esther Pinkham, daughter of Alfred and Harriet (Burnham) Pinkham. Children:
- Elmer S. Davis,
- Charlotte Davis who married Sumner Scott of Glover, Vermont.
- Gertrude L. Davis who married George D. Stevens.
- Alvan Davis who was drowned when young.
- James Davis born 20 Jan. 1845; went west and married 29 Dec. 1869, Martha A. Jones who was born 19 Feb. 1846. Children:
- Alvin Edward Davis born at Beaver Dam, Wisconsin, 26 April 1871, who married 6 Sept. 1889,
- Daisy A. Bondurant at Marinette, Wisconsin. He is a judge there and has two children,
- James Bondurant Davis born 5 Sept. 1900,
- Marion Ella Davis born 27 Dec. 1904.
- Ella Clare Davis born 13 April 1874.
- Earl Bryant Davis born 26 July 1889, who d. 7 Nov. 1892.
Family of Henry Davis of Durham New Hampshire
Henry Davis married his cousin, Sarah Willey; d. April 1862. The widow of Henry Davis married (2) John Drew, (3) Daniel B. Foss. Children of Henry and Sarah (Willey) Davis:
Charles Albert Davis born 8 Jan. 1858; married 1 Jan. 1883, Abbie L. Hurd of Berwick, Maine. Children:
- Elmer Ellsworth Davis born 20 Feb. 1885,
- Albert Joel Davis born 28 May 1889,
- Sarah Edna Davis born 15 Oct. 1891.
Martha Ann Davis married (1) 1874, Fred A. Day. They had daughter:
- Ella E. Davis born 10 May 1878, who married 10 Aug. 1899, Sidney E. Taylor and has son:
- Millard B. Taylor born 17 Oct. 1900.
She married (2) March 1881, Hiram G. Towle and had children,:
- Sarah Alice Towle born 29 Oct. 1882;
- Charles Henry Towle born 8 Nov. 1883;
- Raymond Dudley Towle born 3 Dec. 1885, who married 6 May 1905, Retta A. Brown and has
- Caleb Langdon Towle born 6 Feb. 1907,
- Martha Alfretta Towle born 17 Oct. 1908.
- Vivian Charlotte Towle born 1 Feb. 1913;
- Irving William Towle born 13 Nov. 1887, who married 28 Sept. 1900, Maud E. Otis;
- Amy Alberta Towle born 12 June 1892 and d. 9 April 1910;
- Everett Louis Towle born 6 April 1894;
- Madeline Martha Towle born 5 June 1898;
- George Gordon Towle born 26 June 1902;
- Grant Winfield Towle born 30 June 1910.