Wakefield

Durham Village New Hampshire

Genealogy of Ensign John Davis of Oyster River New Hampshire

Ensign John Davis of Oyster River New Hampshire was born about 1623 in Marlborough. He married, 10 Dec. 1646, Jane, daughter of the Rev. Joseph and Mary (Johnson) Peasley of Haverhill, where he owned land in 1642. In 1650 he was on a committee to lay out a boundary between Haverhill and Salisbury. About 1653 he removed to Oyster River, where he built his garrison house, near Davis Creek, on the north side of the river and near its mouth, on land bought of Valentine Hill, 14 Aug. 1654. He had numerous and large grants of land, was selectman seven times, constable, surveyor of lands, and held other offices. He is called ensign as early as 1662. He died between 1 April 1685 and 25 May 1686, the dates on which his will was made and approved.

South Main Street, Rochester, New Hampshire

Marriages By Rev. Joseph Haven, 1776-1785

Rev. Joseph Haven was the third minister of the First Congregational Church in Rochester New Hampshire. He was elected to his position after the death of Rev, Samuel Hill in 1776. These marriage records were kept from his initial election for 10 years, or 1785. The First Congregational Church moved it’s location during the tenure of Rev, Haven, relocating and improving their existing building at Haven Hill to the Rochester Common, the new center of activity. Marriages By Rev. Joseph Haven 1776 Febr 29th Robert Walker with Dorothy Leaghton, both of Rochester March 7th Joseph Tucker with Abigail Heard both …

Marriages By Rev. Joseph Haven, 1776-1785 Read More »

Pin It on Pinterest

Scroll to Top